Saturday, March 6, 2010

training walk orientation...

I attended my first training walk on MArch 6th. We met at 8:00am at Har-Mar mall. If you know me, you know I'm not a morning person but I was up early and excited and actually arrived 20 minutes early! I am convinced the aliens have taken over my body as this whole thing is so completely out of my comfort zone - especially doing something like this alone.

The team from NEw Balance was there to measure and fit everyone with good walking shoes. I got 2 pair to break in good before August and I love that they are pink too. I bought a stay dry hoodie and some stay-dry socks so I feel officials.

After everyone was fitted with their shoes, we took a training walk around the mall. There were about 60 people at the event and we walked almost 4 miles -- the time flew by!! It was fun talking to everyone and learning their stories about why they were there. I met some great people and left there knowing I can make a difference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment