Saturday, March 13, 2010

100% irish for a day 5k...


Today I entered my first ever 5k and it was soooo much fun! I figured this would be great training for the Susan G Komen walk -- and support other great charities in the process. Today the charity was Second Harvest so people brought all sorts of canned goods to donate.


The race today was the "100% Irish for a Day" and it took place at Lake Harriet. It was cold (35 degrees) and windy but not raining - whew! I wish I had brought one of my dogs but I met some great people. There was a nice group of girls that walked wtih me most of the way and it was their first 5K too. They asked me tons of questions about the 3-Day so maybe I recruited a few more!


This picture is at the finish line... one of the girls I walked with made me wear her St. Pat's stuff so that explains the hat. I had so much fun I think I might do another one tomorrow -- but I'll have to find some fun Irish clothes to ewar tonight -- I felt out of place. Check out the pictures on my 5k Page and you'll see a few ideas of what I mean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment